Saturday, June 19, 2010

Through this blog I will attempt explore the roots of Yugoslavia in hopes of getting a better understanding of the past concerning the region of what is now ex-Yugoslavia. Although the country no longer exists, I still believe in its idea, as I'm sure many of its people still do. Though the past of the Balkans/Yugoslavia is very complex and sparks many opposing emotions, I will attempt to approach it objectively and historically.

I will continue to refer to the region as Yugoslavia, because in my eyes that is the way I choose to see it. For me, the name inspires hope for the future, whereas referring to the individual countries that now make up the region are only reminders of the failure and despair that now plague the region.

To Yugoslavia, to hope, to education, to the future! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment